Daily Derrick is a marketplace of ideas, folks, but not for outright stupidity. Engagement, commenting and sharing are all welcomed and encouraged. We’ll laugh, we’ll cry, we’ll feel like busting windows talking about some crazy thing or another. But since common sense just ain’t common these days, here’s some stuff you just gotta know:
1) Sass abounds. My take on certain topics may not always read like a news article. Sometimes I’ll get serious, but some snark and humor is par for the course. Call my take on a subject “unprofessional” or “farcical” and I’ll reply with a hairflip (note: I don’t have hair, but I take my tips from Willow).
2) I’m no messiah. Assume I’ve done my research and fact-checking before publishing a piece. I don’t claim to have all the answers or comprehensively cover an issue in one post. But if you wish to discuss something I didn’t mention or perhaps didn’t mention to your satisfaction, leave a comment or shoot a note with a constructive reply. This is not a space for baseless personal attacks on me or fellow readers.
3) Ignorant comments turn me into The Hulk. You won’t like me when I’m angry. Refrain from remarks that are sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise disrespectful of others’ personhood.
4) Daily Derrick is a relatively family-friendly zone, despite covering controversial topics. Please refrain from posting otherwise lewd remarks or links, including but not limited to spam or pornography.
5) I gladly engage comments and respond to emails and will make my best effort to reply to most or all of them. If my writing offends your sensibilities, I’m open to hearing from you and appreciate the consideration of time updating the blog, responding to other readers’ inquiries. Oh and I kinda have to eat, sleep, call my mom and other stuff too, so please allow time for reasoned responses to 15-point-style emails/angry rants.
I reserve the right to delete comments in violation of this policy at any time without prior explanation. In the words of a favorite commercial jingle of mine, “If you don’t like it, tough! It’s fair enough.” And I promise to be fair in enforcement.
Please contact me away from discussion threads for inquiries regarding the comments policy.
Copyright / Disclaimer
All original posts are © Derrick Clifton 2012-2013. All Rights Reserved.
Commercial use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited.
All efforts are made to attribute sources of outside content including articles, videos, pictures and other media. Please use the ‘contact’ section should request be made to attribute correctly or remove content. No copyright infringement is intended and Daily Derrick does not claim ownership of any outside content. Outside content included on the site is construed to be in compliance with U.S. copyright law under the ‘Fair Use’ provision. Please use the contact form to request content be removed or attributed, with proof of licensing, copyright or other supporting documentation and/or information.
Opinions and views expressed are those of the author, and not of any organizations, institutions, individuals or corporations associated with the author in the past or presently.
Daily Derrick assumes no responsibility for any libelous claims, links or otherwise defamatory content posted by participants on this blog’s discussion board. Best attempts will be made to moderate and remove comments otherwise deemed as such. The editor generates content without intent of malicious, libelous or defamatory claims.